« Home | Itinerary & Wheels » | You Might Be a Redneck... » | Introduction »

Travel Log: Day 1

And we are off! I left home early in the morning and said good bye to a teary mom (HI MOM! LOVE YOU). I left Campbellton at 8h30 and Rob… pardon me, Road Hammer left his house sometime around 7h00. To our surprise we were only 3 min apart from each other when I connected on the Trans Canada Highway in St. Leonard. That’s about when the weather turned on us. Driving through Quebec (province) in torrential rains is well… interesting to say the least.

"The only thing you see when I'm at the wheel"

"Friends Reunite"

The drive through Montreal was intense. We were hoping the traffic would be somewhat light since it was around 3h30 in the afternoon…. Rrriiiiiiggghhht. We got a glimpse of how crazy drivers can be. None of this fansee shmamzee polite right of way courtesy in this town. Fortunately we made it out in one piece without even taking a wrong turn.

We drove through the Hippolite-Lafontaine tunnel and it reminded me how I love tunnels. Those 5 minutes had to be the highlight of my day. There’s something about tunnels with all those lights everywhere concrete walls that make you feel like you are driving faster than you really are or something haha.

"Brutal Picture to support my opinion"

Overall the drive was nothing spectacular since the crappy rain and the fog blocked out the scenery and I have been to Montreal twice over the past year.

"2 Down, 4 to go!"

We finally made it to my relatives house around 6h30 (AST) and now we can rest a bit for another day of driving tomorrow. Tomorrow should be more interesting since I have never drove past Ottawa before.

Stay tuned!

Distance Traveled: 900km

About me

Powered by
XML Feed
[What is this?]