« Home

Introduction

Hello everyone and welcome to The Wondrous Life of Brian. First and foremost I would like to introduce who are the key players in this gig and what this blog really is about.

The Idea

This blog will cover the exciting adventures of Team... eerrr... we don't have a team name... as we travel across Canada to humm... an undenfined location in western Canada. Note: our final destination is still unknown to us as I am writing this because we intended to move to Calgary but recent job offers have us pondering the idea of moving to the Vancouver area instead.

This blog will cover anything and everything of our everyday life as we try to find fame and fortune in a new part of the country. I'm not really sure exactly what the blog will become as time goes by but for now it will primarily cover our 5,000km road trip due west (I've said that already didn't I?)

The Cast and Crew


So how will we achieve this life experience and exactly who's "we"?

Brian

Well my name is Brian "Gunner" Lavallee and I am a UNB graduate of 2006 in Mechanical Engineering. I grew up in a small community in northern New Brunswick. I have been living with my parents this past summer working a summer job while trying to find full time work in the area to get relevant working experience. I never really planned to stick around New Brunswick from the day I begun university but I figured if I could get a few months of work experience and save a few bucks living at home, why not. Regardless to say, my job search did not go as well as I was hoping for so the idea of moving out west seemed more and more profitable.



Outside of work and writing about myself, I am an outdoors kind of guy that enjoy a variety of sports and activities. I have made it a personal mission to not ease up on physical activity during the winter since for the first time in 5 years I don't have school to eat up all my free time. I will be known as... 6Pac Shakur haha! There's no need to continue babbling on about myself because most of the readers already know me and to those that don't, my future posts should reflect on who I really am.



Rob

My partner for this trip is Robert "Road Hammer" Elliott. Rob and I became friends during my first year of university. He is a Civil Engineering graduate. He's originally from Scotland but his family moved to St. Stephen, NB, and the government never bothered to kicked them out... yet. Rob hates his job and wants to see the world so we decided to move out together. The rest of life is a mystery to most of us because he speaks a language no one really understands. if you should be interested of hearing his side of the story of most of our adventures, you can check out his blog.




Close friends of ours are probably wondering where the nicknames Gunner and Road Hammer are coming from. Well... we made them up! Our handles were inpired by the legendary movie Smokey and the Bandit. We figured since we were to drive such a long distance, we might as well have "cool" nicknames and blast some Jerry Reed along the way. Brutal humour... Very brutal humour...

So I hope that I will see you all again on a regular basis and feel free to provide feedback, comments... any sign of life will be appreciated. And remember when Gunner and Road Hammer are in town; prepare yourself for a long sitting at the local pub.

Gunner and Road Hammer"How does the song go again? 67 bottles of beer on the wall! Drink one down..."

sexy blog!

French Family said, Hey guys from the Maritimes! Hope your having a great time, enjoy each minute, take a lot of photos to share.Drive safely, we luv u a lot! Ma & Pop

Hey Brian:
This is turning into quite a trip!
I am going to check your trip every day, I am learning lots of interesting things. Keep entertaining us, and most of all drive safely.
Doris - your mom co-worker

Bonjour Brian,

Ici, Jeannine la mom à Kevin... Ton blog est pas mal "SUPER" pis tu es pas mal smart de faire tout ça et le partager... c'est très intéressant. Bonne route Brian.
Bonne chance, garde ta santé et garde toujours ta bonne humeur!
Keep it posted! :-)
Jeannine Mockler xox

Brian,I am very impressed by your site!! I hope you have a great trip to western Canada and good job hunting.I hear that Kewitt is a possibility and they are a very good start.Good luck and may the lucky stars shine upon you.

Don and Marlene

Hi guys, how are you'z today? Must have been too tired to continue your blog last night,but this morning DAY 5 was not yet there, this is the first thing I check in the morning, it makes my day to know you're having a great time and especially that you're OK. Say Hi to Rob!! Keep in touch, I luv u a lot!!xoxoxo Mom

Hi! Brian,
I really enjoy following your trip it feels like I'm watching the amazing race ha! ha!. Enjoy every minutes of it you will have memories of a life time.
Sylvie another one of your mom's co-worker...

Hey George,

You little trucker you! Sounds like you having a great time. Did you feel something "special" in Winnipeg? I bet you did ... I was born there! Wow, what an adventure, I am jealous! Keep filling us in on your journey and drive safely.

Sam

allo le cousin
Je suis contente se savoir que tu es arrivé, j'ai beaucoup aimer lire a tous les jours ce que tu ecrivais meme si tu ne ma rien ecrit en francais comme tu avais dit hahaha. Les photos sont vraiment formidable, continue dans mettre, je suis jalouse. Bon ben bonne chance et fait attention a toi.
Christina xox

Post a Comment

About me

Previous posts

Powered by
XML Feed
[What is this?]