« Home | You Might Be a Redneck... » | Introduction »

Itinerary & Wheels

I watched Oprah travel 3,400 miles from LA to New York the other day... Yeah yeah laugh all you want but you try being unemployed and not stop to watch what Oprah s going on about once. Anyway, I thought her road trip looked like a whole lot of fun. Then again, Oprah was driving in a brand new Chevy Impala SS with a 6 camera-crew and they are taking 11 days to do it with all expenses paid. Highlights of Oprah and Gayle's Big Adventure can be seen on Tuesdays.

Unlike Oprah, our road will be heading west and, Road Hammer and I will stay on Canadian soil. We finally decided that our final destination was going to be in Vancouver, British Columbia. Afterwards debated for about a week which route we would take and where we would stop. We initially considered going through the states since was theoretically quicker and we would have the opportunity on sightseeing a little bit as we drove by national attractions (Mt. Rushmore, Old Faithful). We quickly realized that crossing the border could potentially slow us down quite significantly if the watchman decided to search the car for all of its contents. Another downside of traveling the in states was that our Cross-Canadian trip would not even comprise of Canadian landscape.

After a full afternoon of search on mapquest, we have set our itinerary seen below:

Departure: Sunday, Oct. 1st
Stop #1: Ottawa, Ontario - Visit some relatives
Stop #2: Hearst, Ontario - Visit some relatives, again
Stop #3: Thunder Bay, Ontario - Allowing us a "short" 6-hour day on the road
Stop #4: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Stop #5: Banff, Alberta - Visiting our buddy Andy
3,350 miles (5,4000 km) later...
Stop #6: Vancouver, BC!!!
Arrival: Friday, Oct 6th or Saturday, Oct 7th*
We might spend an extra day in Banff to tour around and admire the landscape

To take us to the west coast, I present you Road Hammer's Red Hawk:

This Red 2000 Volkswagen Golf packs up a punch and is economical on the wallet for gas "burnage". Now I don't know where the "Hawk" idea came from but I think Road Hammer is delusional of the idea that's he going to fly right by me!

Well check this out, I'm ridin' in Desert Storm:


This 1991 Honda Accord EX-R has seen it all with 330,000 km (207,000miles) on the odometer and counting! Don't be fooled by the mileage on the car because this rock-solid machine has been well maintained and can keep up with the best of 'em. The car also has a secret weapon called "Sport" mode and I can assure you that I won't think twice about using my arsenal to make Hawks "Eat my Dust!" Get it? Desert Storm... dust... Woooo!!!

I kid! I kid! We'll drive safe I promise!

Oprah rocks. Period.

Post a Comment

About me

Powered by
XML Feed
[What is this?]